Version three of QLF’s Pride flags 101, updated for 2020. There are now 63 flags featured, up from the 36 featured on the previous version. As before I’ve added suggestions from the queer community, reaching out in more groups than last time.
I’ve added the version notes below as usual.
- I don’t want to get into a discussion about the need for the POC/Philly Pride flag with white people. If you’re white and have a problem with it remember two things. One, it’s not for you (us). Two, POC people want this, so it exists and is included. If POC LGBTQIA+ people want to discuss the flag with me (pros and cons) then feel free.
- I haven’t included the ally flag and won’t be.
- Not all intersex people consider themselves a part of the LGBTQIA+ community, but some do, that is enough for its inclusion.
- I’ve added the labrys lesbian and relabled it and the new official lesbian flag.
- I’ve left the lipstick lesbian flag in place even though the creator is racist and transphobic as all hell. isrhere’s a couple of problems with And the creator of that flag is also transphobic. You are still going to see it around and education is key.
- You are valid.
- You are loved.
If your flag isn’t here – let me know. Either in a comment or via email. I know there are and could be hundreds of flags, sexual orientation and gender are diverse things and ever evolving.
Questions, let me know.
Share the hell out of this.