I was nominated and awarded for the Blogger Recognition Award by Gorgeous George’s Mama. It’s always nice to get this kinda thing out of the blue. Makes the day a little brighter; which is needed when I’m working six days a week.
So here are the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to. (if 15 is pushing it a bit for you then do 10;)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I started this blog when Bethend was a few months pregnant. As I started to write blog posts to post later on after we’d announced the actual pregnancy to the wider world (i.e more than the immediate family) I realised how much was going to happen, how much was going to change. How much there was to say. I didn’t want my blog Weird and Important to become a baby blog, but I needed an outlet for all this stuff that was happening to us suddenly.
So I created a blog to document the pregnancy, my child’s life, the thoughts and fears and fun of it all. Blogging has been an outlet for me for over a decade in one place or another.
So Winging It was created.
My two pieces of blogging advice are so:
Don’t do it for the money – you’re not going to be happy and you’re not going to be rich. Do it because you want to write, because you have a story, because you have something to say. Do it because you have the words.
Plan. Plan ahead, plan your posts, plan your promotion and your commenting and your link ups. Use a calendar, use reminders, use an alarm.
I nominate the following blogs; a few of my favourites and a few of the best:
- Babi a Fi
- Cuddle Fairy
- Meet The Wildes
- Hound Mamas
- Rainbows Are Too Beautiful
- The Speed Bump
- The Single Swan
- Confessions Of A Crummy Mummy
- My Two Mums
And there we are. Thanks again to Gorgeous Georges Mama for the award. Go check out her blog.