Thanks to Helen at Welsh Mum Writing for nominating me for a Liebster award! My second blogger nominated award. It’s a great way to let everyone know some blogs you like and some more stuff about you – depending on the questions of course!
These are the questions Helen asked, and some I will probably
- Why did you start your blog?
I started Queer Little Family because I wanted to keep all the mum stuff separate from my original blog which was mostly about mental health and writing. When I realised that all the mum stuff incorporated all the stuff I used to write about before my son came along I decided to merge the two blogs and concentrate my efforts at QLF. I love writing and tell stories and raising awareness about mental health and normalising the LGBTQ community.
- What song best sums up you and your life?
Staring At The Sun by The Offspring pre-therapy and Dog Days AreOverby Florence and The Machine post therapy.
- Sweet or savoury? What’s your favourite dish?
Pizza. I love pizza. I mean I love food, chocolate, custard, biscuits but I will always pick pizza. Pepperoni and mushroom.
- Best Christmas present you’ve been given?
Er, not sure really. I got my cat Merry for Christmas. My mum buys me socks. I got a bike one year. To be honest my memory is pretty spotty and I’ve blocked a lot of Christmases out. The best Christmas present I’ve had is being able to spend it with my mum.
- If you had to be trapped in a lift with anyone, who would it be?
Stephen Fry or RuPaul. Or both, because that would be a hell of a meeting.
- When was the last time you cried and why?
The other night. Snappy had already kept us up a couple of nights and had woken up again. He wouldn’t settle and I didn’t really comfort him. Then I snapped at my wife. When she went to settle and comfort him I had a cry because I felt like an awful mum. I’m not, I wasn’t just a very tired one.
- What’s the best parenting advice you received?
I’m not sure I’ve received any that was really amazing. To use reusable nappies probably. That’s been great.
- What’s been the most unhelpful?
Everyone kept telling us we had to get rid of all our stuff and our cats.Everything else is met with ‘it’s normal‘ which is neither helpful nor comforting to a first time mum with depression and anxiety.Or he’ll grow out of it. That’s nice but what do we do right now?!
- If you could share one piece of blogging advice, what would it be?
If you’re serious about it, go self-hosted from the start. You won’t regret it and it’s not expensive and it will save a lot of bother down the road.
- If you had £100 to spend just on yourself, what would you buy/do?
Diet coke, biscuits, the new Horizon Zero Dawn add-on and a new planner/diary for next year. And some crisps.
- What’s the best thing to bribe you with?
For this I nominate:
- But First, Tea
- Gorgeous George’s Mama
- The Single Swan
- Our Inclusive Home
- Ordinary Hopes
- LISAPOMERANTZSTER: ARE WE THERE YET?
- Rainbows are too beautiful
- Lydia Schoch
- Musings Of A Tired Mummy
And my questions:
- Why do you use to blog?
- What animals do you have?
- When did you last have a pizza?
- What was your favourite television show as a kid?
- The best blogging advice you’ve received?
- How would you spend a big lottery win?
- What is the best pie filling?
- If you could, would you be famous?
- What is your spirit animal?
- What else did your parents consider calling you?