on the previous version
Version two of QLF’s Pride flags. There are now 36 flags featured, up from the twenty-four featured
. I have added a few from suggestions made when the last one did the rounds and a couple of clarifications. I’ve added the version notes below.
If your flag isn’t here – let me know. Either in a comment or via email. I know there are and could be hundreds of flags, sexual orientation and gender are diverse things and ever evolving.
Questions, let me know.
Share the hell out of this.
- I do want to include the very first pride flag at some point too.
- I don’t want to get into a discussion about the need for the POC/Philly Pride flag with white people. If you’re white and have a problem with it remember two things. One, it’s not for you (us). Two, POC people want this, so it exists and is included. If POC LGBTQIA+ people want to discuss the flag with me (pros and cons) then feel free.
- I haven’t included the ally flag and won’t be.
- Not all intersex people consider themselves a part of the LGBTQIA+ community, but some do, that is enough for its inclusion.
- I’ve added the butch lesbian and the new proposed lesbian flag and relabeled the pink version. There’s a couple of problems with the pink flag – one not everyone likes that it’s pink, and it’s the lipstick lesbian flag without the lips on (something I was aware of). And the creator of that flag is also transphobic. I’ve added it, because I am big on reclaiming things from bigots, and I know some lesbians like and use it.
- You are valid.
(Visited 2,035 times, 4 visits today)